Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, August 15, 2011

Plateau

The dreaded weight loss plateau. Ugh. I've been sitting at the same weight for nearly 3 months. I fluctuate the same 2-4 pounds every week. My exercise has increased and my food intake has been better every week. I am finally getting consistently over 1000 calories per day. My protein intake is up as well. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do at this point. It is super frustrating to sit at the same weight no matter how hard I am working. I have to stay positive and realize that I won't be stuck at this weight forever and that I can't give up. Apparently it is quite common for people to hit the 45% plateau and that is exactly where I am. I have lost 45% of my excess body weight and the projected weight loss for the sleeve is up to 60% loss. The band and bypass are around 50%. So it appears that in 6 months time I reached a milestone that many don't reach until their first year is over. I have to keep plugging along and not give up. I am restarting the Couch to 5K program and hopes that I can improve my overall running time. I also hope that by doing the program from start to finish I might have better results. I stopped the program at about week 7 or so when I felt comfortable enough to run farther than the program suggested. Mistake? Maybe. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment