Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, September 16, 2011

Things to Realize

Something I need to realize is that I didn't put this weight on over night. I can't lose all of my excess weight in a few months. I have a wedding to go to next weekend that is a black tie formal affair. I borrowed a dress from a friend that is the same size as my wedding dress. It's a little big :) I am 10 pounds lighter than I was when I got married 4 years ago. I am shopping at normal clothing stores, and I can move without much difficulty. I actually went for a little hike today with my husband to see some beautiful waterfalls. No way I could have done that last year!

Another thing I need to realize is that weight loss is a journey, not a goal. Every pound counts and every milestone keeps me going. Each time I feel stuck, it gets me more determined. Each week I evaluate what I ate and what my activity level was. I try to see if there is a way to change it up without making myself go insane. Currently my running has slowed way down. I'm down to power walking 3 times a day for about 3+ miles total. Not a ton, but its better than nothing. I wanted to run because I could. But if I'm getting exercise from walking and it doesn't kill me, I'm sticking with that for now.

What else is there to realize on this day of enlightenment? I knew this wasn't going to be easy. I knew that I wasn't going to be a supermodel within 4 months of the surgery. I am fully ready to work my butt off for the rest of my life in order to get to a healthy weight and maintain it.

I realize that I can do this and I will be successful.

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero Lisa, you have done such a great job! And you are looking awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete