Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, February 4, 2011

Protein Supplement

The one that I've found that doesn't taste completely horrible is from GNC. It is a soy protein that packs 25g of protein per one scoop. I suggest the vanilla flavor. It is wheat, gluten and dairy free. I add it to West Soy unsweetened soy milk and it tastes like crushed up walnuts. No idea why, but it isn't completely wretched. Sometimes I do 8oz of milk and 4 oz of water to thin it out a little because it is quite thick. I've never tried 4oz of each, but maybe that will be tomorrow morning. Pre surgery I had one of these every morning for breakfast instead of the recommended Carnation Instant Breakfast. Post surgery I make one in the morning and sip it over the course of an hour. This gives me a jump start and gets me nearly half way to my protein goal for the day. Once I'm able to advance to the mushy stage I can incorporate more beans and tofu but I will still have one of these in the morning. There are plenty of other soy and vegan shake products, but trust me, this one is a stand out that doesn't make you want to run screaming to Burger King for cheap and easy protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment