Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trying out new things

I'm now 2 weeks post op. I weigh the same as I did 1 week post op. But I'm not going to get discouraged. I know these things take time. The worst part right now is still being stuck on the stage II diet. It is pretty hard after being on this limited diet for a month to find new things that make we want to actually eat. Nearly every soup can be pureed and strained and that gets me some of my meals. But I need something new. I decided to see how cottage cheese would be if I pureed it and strained it. This is my vegetarian side coming out because I need something besides soup or I might go insane. So today I am a vegetarian. The cottage cheese isn't so bad. It just tastes like straight ricotta at the moment. Oh well, something different! My husband went off to the grocery store and I gave him a list of things to bring me so I can try a few things out. He is getting me some strained infant fruits and plain yogurt so I can mix them up. I've done the vanilla yogurt and I'm tired of it. Have I mentioned how long this stage II diet lasts for the sleeve patients? Its nearly 2 months!!! 2 weeks pre-op and then 3-6 weeks post-op. My mother, who had the bypass, is happily eating anything she wants right now because she only had to do it 2 weeks post-op. I only mildly hate her for this. Apparently the sleeve incision takes far longer to heal. But in the long run I can have a piece of cake or a Hershey kiss and not toss my cookies, so I guess 2 months of hell is worth it! Maybe tomorrow I'll be vegan again, but until I get a bit more creative, I'm a vegetarian. I'm nearly positive that once I can eat I will be a happy vegan again. But for now I'm on the dairy band wagon. Still no eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment